This is what I came up with:
- Admitted I was powerless over investment markets and interest rates and that the future is never known.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to financial sanity.
- Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of diversification.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of my assets and spending.
- Admitted to ourselves the exact nature of our past opinions and outcomes.
- Were entirely ready to have proof replace opinion/theory.
- Humbly asked for access to the truth about how investments work for or against us.
- Made a list of goals and objectives and became willing to change.
- Make direct changes wherever indicated except when to do so would cause taxes or harm our family.
- Continued to take constant inventory of my financial thinking process and when wrong promptly adjusted to proven concepts.
- Sought through continuous data access to improve our contact with actual performance seeking only knowledge of the truth and the power to carry it out.
- Having had an awakening as a result of these steps, tried to carry this message to those I care about and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Please let me know if you’d like to discuss further.