You don’t say…
- For the first time in a long time… Over the last 12 months (09 27 19) Value has outperformed Growth. Small stocks are still lagging Large but the difference is shrinking.
- US Real estate stocks are up almost 30%… almost the same as Info Technology. A bigger eyebrow raiser is that rounding out the top three sectors – Utilities – which are up around 25%.
- Gold and silver are also on the move with the index that tracks Gold and Silver mining companies up around 35%. Gold and silver as metals have risen around half that amount.
- Home equity is also on the move rising around 5% from Q2 2018 to Q2 2019. Guess where it rose the most? Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada. Supply and demand are hard at work. Why is demand rising? Quite interesting and not the same for each.
- Farms are also in the pile of interesting observations. Farms net income is @$88 billion an increase from both 2018 and 2017. Operating efficiency and Fed Government support are the primary factors noted. Why are tariffs on Chinese goods not resulting in consumer price inflation? In the case of farm produced goods, the Feds are sharing the tariff income with the various affected Farm industries.
Click below for full Q3 2019 Market Review